When you make a large purchase like buying a massage chair, knowing exactly what you want and researching your options can go a long way towards making the right choice.
An excellent first step is knowing the average cost of the choice of massage chair you’re looking to purchase. But because there are so many different options and so many different features, it can be hard to navigate the market. Besides price, there are still lots of things to consider.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about choosing a massage chair, including some things to remember while shopping around.
Purchasing Your Massage Chair
Here are a few things to consider right away when you decide to shop for a massage chair:
Determine Your Limit for Massage Chair Cost
This is an essential first step in buying a massage chair because even though there are many affordable options, the quality might not be up to the standard you expect. On top of that, investing in higher quality, more expensive massage chairs should guarantee longevity and durability. A massage chair should be considered a long-term investment, not a short-term commodity.
Therefore, it’s critical to know your budget as you compare massage chair prices. Remember that a massage chair’s cost includes more than the upfront price. There could be shipping, installation, taxes, etc.
Luckily, there are often some finance options so that you can make payments over time instead of in one large sum.
Once you’re confident you have a number you are happy to spend, it’s time to educate yourself as much as possible on the massage chairs for sale and all the factors that go into buying a massage chair.
Learn Everything You Can Before Buying a Massage Chair
Determine exactly what type of features you’re looking for, because that will narrow down your search considerably.
First, what type of rollers are you looking for?
Generally, there are three types of massage rollers available:
- 2D rollers are usually present in lower-end models and are great for people who might not need an intense massage. They roll on a track, and their speed is adjustable. That simple, repeated movement is great for relaxation and increased blood flow.
- 3D rollers are much more mechanically complex. Instead of staying on the track, the balls can push off to reach deeper areas. This can release muscle tension on a deeper level, as well as promote flexibility.
- 4D rollers make it possible to achieve deep-tissue massages in a chair. They work together to specifically pull and push at muscles in intervals that slow down and speed up on their own. The automatic changing of speed is the main component that sets them apart, and users typically have more control over their personalized massage settings.
There are also several tracks you can choose from as well. The main types can be broken down into L-tracks and S-tracks, but there are also J-tracks. Each is a different shape, and the L-track has a significant extension.
So let’s break it down:
- S-Track: S-tracks follow the curvature in your spine in a swooping “S” shape, sliding over tension with ease. S-tracks are the basic shape that other tracks build off of. The S-track massage chairs focus predominantly on the back, neck, and shoulders.
- L-Track: The L-track is designed to follow the shape of a reclined human body and can reach underneath your body and into your glutes, hamstrings, and so on, on top of the body areas targeted by S-track chairs.
- J-Track: Like the L-track, this option reaches farther into the back of your legs, creating a J-shape with the seated body. These chairs offer a full-body relaxation experience.
- MaxTrack: MaxTrack chairs are designed to keep in close contact with your body as it follows the entire length of the track. Because there’s so much freedom of movement in these types of tracks, you can enjoy the massage not only in a reclined or Zero Gravity position but in a laying flat position, as well.
While S-track massage chairs still provide an excellent massage, it’s important to keep in mind your needs and if a more intense, full-body experience is what you’re looking for.
What Other Massage Features Are You Looking For?
There are lots of different features and additional options in massage chairs. Make yourself familiar with what they are and if you want to invest in them.
Some commonly sought-after features for anyone who is purchasing a massage chair include:
- Shiatsu massage
- Foot, leg, arm, and hand massage
- Touchpad vs. remote controls
- Wall-hugging and space-saving
- Reclining and zero-gravity capability
- Heating elements and heated rollers
- Japanese design
- Customizable programs
- Body-scanning technologies
If you’re having trouble deciding which direction to go when buying a massage chair, make a list of pros and cons, pricing, and features.
Choosing a Massage Chair
With your needs and your massage chair price budget clearly defined, begin looking at different models of massage chairs for sale before you start buying a massage chair.
Here are a couple of best practices we recommend:
- Look for reviews of the chairs you’re considering. A chair may be on the surface everything you want, but having another person testify to the merits or demerits of a certain chair can save you a lot of stress.
- Keep your height and weight handy when buying a massage chair, so you can ensure that when you purchase a massage chair, it is a good match for your body type before your purchase.
- Have you chosen a spot where this chair will sit in your home? Make sure you take measurements of that space and of the chairs you’re looking at so you don’t get home and find out that they won’t fit in that area.
- Test it out in person! You can never really imagine what you’re getting until you’ve felt it for yourself. Make sure you’re investing in something you really, really love.
Final Steps of Purchasing your Massage Chair
If you’ve tried all of the above-listed massage chair buying steps and are still having trouble buying or finding a massage chair that is right for you, try out this quiz to find the perfect one.
There are tons of massage chairs on the market, so get the right one, and use it well! Pairing your exercise routine with a massage chair promotes blood circulation, which can aid in muscle recovery and improve flexibility.
No matter what you choose, at Furniture For Life, we strive to bring you the right solutions for you. Contact us anytime if you need a little help with your choice or if you have any questions about your chairs. You’ll be able to speak with a qualified comfort consultant who can answer anything you may need assistance with.